Monday, February 23, 2015

A Random Assortment

~ From a recent great Bob Dylan speech:

 Now listen, I'm not ever going to disparage another songwriter. I'm not going to do that. I'm not saying it's a bad song. I'm just saying it might be a little overcooked. But, you know, it was in the top 10 anyway.
~ Two new Cezanne's discovered at our favorite museum, the Barnes. Great line from the article:

Barnes conceived of his foundation more as an educational institution than as a museum, sometimes fiercely repelling those seeking a casual visit. (His one-word response on T. S. Eliot’s application: “Nuts.”) 
(Via Ilana, with whom I just visited the Barnes!)

~ If I had time and energy to read books for fun, I would read this:
In the present, she’s mother to one-year-old Walker, whom she affectionately describes as “an awesome baby, a swell little guy. Still a baby, though, of which even the best are oppressive fascist bastard dictator narcissists.” 
(Via Francisco.)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

HAHA I love that last quote. LOVE it.