Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Random Assortment

~ I must admit general ignorance about water and how it is lost and gained and how Coca-Cola is replacing the water it uses. (Where does it get this new water??)

~ On a Romanian poet.

~ I've seen the Ethical Society from the outside, but never from inside.

~ Helen Mirren:

"I worked as a postal delivery person," she told us of her early years. "I worked in the lingerie department of a department store. I worked on the fair ground, very briefly. I worked as a cleaning lady. So I've had lots of jobs. [The postal delivery] was great. I loved it. You know, you're outside. It was lovely. No, that was one of the best jobs, actually."
~ I'm obsessed with Donald Trump and the fact that he's gotten any traction at all. This article is great. And this quote


"Proverbs, the chapter 'never bend to envy,'" Trump said in an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network's The Brody File on Tuesday evening in California. "I’ve had that thing all of my life where people are bending to envy." It was not clear whether Trump appreciated the passage because he had struggled with envy personally, or whether he was referring to envy he had experienced from others.

~ Jeeves.

No comments: