Thursday, March 31, 2016

More Movies


The Big Short

I'll tell you what--I didn't like the way this was filmed, and the weird stuff spliced into it. And I don't like how much I can't understand economic stuff. It's like I have a brain block--what in the world is involved in shorting stocks? I can't even understand betting when it comes to stuff like 3-1 odds. I just do not get it. It's like a time warp and I'm back in middle school studying algebra, and I just don't like the feeling.


Youth

Strange. Yes, a touch Fellini-esque.


Brooklyn

Finally, we've been waiting a while to see this one. The love story is charming and enthralling. But the whole thing is overwhelmingly sad. I think I was sad for 24 hours after watching this.


Sisters

Why are comedy tv shows so much better than comedy movies? Because you have more time to know and love the characters? Because you expect less of tv? I don't know, but I think there are few comedy movies that I like.

This one was ok, better than many. (I also think that I like older comedies better than newer ones. Why??)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Brain block...I get that! That's me with computer programming...and how I felt every single day for the 2 years and 7 months I spent at my previous job. Blech.

I didn't fully understand The Big Short either, but I didn't so much mind. Besides, Jayber could help explain it to me.

Emily Hale said...

Ha--I bet you understood a whole lot more than I did!