Saturday, April 30, 2016

NYC.2

Sadly, I woke up early Saturday, even without the kid. After a leisurely brunch, we headed to the Brooklyn Flea, the Greenlight Bookstore (where I got a compliment on my bag!), and we split up: me to thrift, Francisco to a transportation museum.


My happiest thrifting success was a copy of Anno's Italy, a children's book I'd never heard of but discovered I love.




In the evening, we headed to the Guggenheim. The exhibits there (which were much of the museum), were rather unimpressive, although I enjoyed the building itself and the small permanent collection.



This ball was pretty cool.


Then we headed to the nearby Cooper Hewitt, a museum of design, which was really great.



It's in a cool old house, although that isn't the focus.



(These were my favorite things there.)

After our nightly slice, we collapsed in bed.


No comments: