Monday, August 21, 2017

Twitter

I'm resisting the waning of summer (the semester starts this week), but today two things happened at the library that made me dread the semester's onslaught less: 

A student I had last semester came over to tell me that besides classes in his major and minor, my class was in his one or two favorite classes at college. (Hilarious specificity. Also, he's a science major.) He also mentioned that he gave Tocqueville's Democracy in America to his dad, who is reading it. Excellent. 

A very effusive and kind colleague told me that a presentation I gave on campus last week was scholarly and well-delivered. 

Also, we saw the eclipse, which was pretty awe-inspiring, even though it poured during the very peak. I was not expecting the eclipse glasses to be so totally dark. 

No comments: