Wednesday, November 29, 2017

RANT

I need new gloves--my old ones have holes. BUT my fingers are uber-long and my hands are not thick. Which is to say, I don't fit any women's gloves, nor any men's gloves. What to do? I am unwilling to try the $80 long-fingered gloves on amazon. I might pay that much if I could try them on first, but I can't. I have literally never found a pair of gloves that fit in a store. Even the holey ones I have now don't actually fit. And I hate spending time on stuff like this. GRRRR.

7 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

But don't the stretchy gloves stretch to the requisite length? I can see how this would be a problem for leather gloves, but can't high-end stretchy ones (or those combo leather/stretchy ones) do the job?

Emily Hale said...

Do you mean knit gloves? This is what i have now and it is barely passable. I mean, my fingers seem to be about an inch longer than normal fingers. So they're still like having webbed hands. Yeah, leather gloves are unwearable. But basically, if the gloves have no wrist and are knit, I might be able to fit into them. But if they have a cinched wrist, I still won't. And I just want a cheap, easy option. On say, Target, which ships to my house. Ordered something on amazon last year that were knit with not a cinched wrist and they were laughably small.

Stearns said...

Being tall and skinny is SO HARD.

Emily Hale said...

My hands are the only tall and skinny thing about me. Now tell me where you get your gloves!!

Ilana said...

On an otherwise lovely walk tonight, I realized that a quarter inch of each of my fingers does not fit into the fingers of my gloves. The gloves I thought, until tonight, fit me. Thanks for ruining gloves for me forever.

Emily Hale said...

Sorry! How could you not notice?! It's like having webbed fingers.

Ilana said...

You're right, it's awful.