Monday, April 9, 2018

Chicago, Again


We had a great/exhausting weekend museum-ing in Chicago. Chester had his first dim sum and here are our fortunes--Francisco's, mine, the kid's. I cried a little and not in a very hopeful way.

First, the Art Institute. Sorry for the terrible phone pic, but this altarpiece is great, especially the upper left depiction of Jesus stepping out of the tomb, which is especially meaningful during the Easter season. (The play area was relatively not that great, but boy the little picture book library they have is amazing.)


The aquarium was pretty cool--lots of jumping dolphins, some belugas. The kid loved the play submarine and kept yelling, "It's gotta go faster!" We had to promise him sharks to pull him away.

The planetarium was ok--I was all tuckered out by that point and Francisco did all the parenting while I read an article about Elizabeth Bishop on my phone. The kid liked the play place, although Francisco complained that there were too many screens in it. I think it's all about the shows and we were there at the wrong time to see the Sesame Street planetarium show, which the kid loves, but which I didn't think I could cough up $25 for Chester and me ($38 for the whole family) to watch.

Resolution: Only domestic travel from here on out till baby. (I really really want to get in some extra travel this summer while I still can, but I need to remember this exhaustion and listen to Francisco and refrain.)

No comments: