Wednesday, May 2, 2018

A Random Assortment

~ A mid-century short film about running for which Auden wrote a poem.

~ On raising theybies. On this point, I think I'm more progressive--it seems ridiculous to me to raise your child to choose their own gender, especially when they're still little. Why choose one at all? Gender really shouldn't matter for toddlers. (Oh, by the way, the kid told me that tonight that purple is a girl color. Infuriating. Colors do not have genders!)

~ I've probably read and shared this before, but here it is again: Elizabeth Bishop's The Art of Losing.

~ Because we need updates: The Strange Case of Anna Stubblefield, Revisited.

~ On Arguments that Harm (the author specifically treats arguments about disability).

~ Sara Hendren on openings and closures and disability.

~ Can you have too much Alan Jacobs? I would say no.

~ On Ludwig Bemelmans.

~ On volunteer faculty and the end of academia.

~ On one young member of the Bruderhof community with a disability. 

No comments: