Saturday, May 12, 2018

Quote

"When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived;
but when she has given birth to a child,
she no longer remembers the pain because of her joy
that a child has been born into the world."


(The Bible)

So: The anguish and the daunting reference to "her hour" are familiar. No longer remembering her pain because of her joy is bs clearly written by a man. (Feel free to correct me--everyone's experience is different and maybe someone has had an experience like this! Or maybe everyone but me has! Immediately after Chester's birth, I didn't feel a thing for him--but I was happy that Francisco and my mom did.) But the last part I love: "Because of her joy that a child has been born into the world." This is actually similar to the natality stuff I do: It's not just that a child has been born to a woman or to a family, but a child has been born into the world. It's something entirely new that has the potential to change, at least in some small way, the world. 

No comments: