Monday, July 2, 2018

Things I Don't Really Like about Rural Life

1) The ticks.

This was not a part of my childhood. Our family had three ticks in our first three weeks here. This means nightly tick checks and a mini-panic when we find one. (Finding it is, of course, better than not finding it.)

2) The skunks.

Need I say more? For several days there was a mama skunk and three babies hanging around and it was, admittedly, cute to see them falling all over each other when feeding. But smelling them is another matter.

3) The birds.

They interrupt my work. Their songs are intense and repetitive and now my whole family has disowned me.

2 comments:

Hopkins said...

But! Fireflies!!!

Emily Hale said...

:) there are many things I really really like--must do a post on that, too! Also mostly I'm in bed when dusk hits...