Thursday, June 20, 2019

Twitter

Positives today: Got to take two boys down to the creek for the first time. Got to watch two boys play in the rain where I used to play in the rain.

Negatives: My work, the work that I was working on when I left, the work that is due in August, that I forgot in my office because I packed quickly so I could leave early for my grandmother's funeral, was promised to me as being mailed with two day shipping on Tuesday. It was in fact mailed with three day shipping on Wednesday, which means I'm leaving again and won't get the work I need in the mail for another week. I. Am. So. Angry. I have honestly no idea how to handle this anger.

4 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

No one will care if you turn in your APSA paper late. And it’s only June, you’ve got plenty of time...says the person who’s written about 500 words of a book chapter due in August, is about to leave for vacation, has to teach an intensive course for two weeks after that, and has no childcare lined up for the rest of the summer. It’ll be fine...

Emily Hale said...

You're making me panicked! Wow. Also, I *want* to work on my paper. This is my favorite part of my job! I like getting things done early and hate feeling pressured at the last minute!

Miss Self-Important said...

You are a unicorn.

Emily Hale said...

:) taking that as a compliment!