Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Books

Due to some left over Christmas money earmarked for the boys, I purchased two full-price books for them, which I am thoroughly enjoying reading this summer:

I Am Hermes, which is about Chester's favorite Greek god, drawn by my favorite children's book author of the moment.


And the recently reissued (or possibly 15 years ago reissued--how is this not in paperback?) D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths.


The great delight of parenthood, as far as I'm concerned, is reading to my kids--and particularly the opportunity to catch some stuff that I missed the first time around, in actual childhood (hello, Winnie the Pooh). Well, I never knew anything about the Norse myths, so reading about these with Chester is just excellent. (And an education in pronunciation, that's for sure.)

No comments: