Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Loving Pennsylvania

Besides Chester being spoiled by lots and lots of time playing outside and making crafts with Nana and visiting the neighborhood horses with Papa, some of the other delights of (temporarily) living in PA, in the house in which I grew up:

1. Chester gets to read many of the same books and play with many of the same toys I played with as a kid because my mom saves everything. And listen to the same kid's songs played on the same tapes!

2. We are living in the apartment in which I lived until I was 14, drinking coffee out of the same cups each morning that my parents used.

3. The kid gets to play in the same creek and woods that I played in as a kid. He even has his own "secret place," which was something we all had as kids.

4. The green beans from the garden are incredible. I think I would be happy if they were my only food. And the raspberries from the garden and the black raspberries that Ilana picked.

5. I got to give birth in the same hospital in which I was born. And after the birth, friends and relatives came to visit--bearing gifts! What a joy to have support and friends to visit with.

And endless other things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Papa