Monday, November 22, 2021

The Weekend

I got my booster Friday; thankfully no adverse effects. Since my workplace is highly vaccinated, I doubt it's "high risk." On the other hand, it does involve a communal living situation. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my family through this next (last?) winter peak and into fully vaccinated status, after which we will be dropping the masks and hitting the nightclubs. 

Saturday morning we had special breakfast--french toast and a little XPN (we're so glad it's online, because we grew to love it on Saturday mornings in Philly). The toddler was transfixed by music, before running off to play with brother. 


Because we'll leave for Christmas and can't have a real tree, Francisco took the boys to Walmart and bought a $22 tall fake one. Then, of course, we had to decorate immediately. I handed the boys the ornaments; they placed them. (I can't believe my kids are old enough to do this.) That did mean that in some cases many matching ornaments were clumped together. The toddler kept saying, now we need to go buy presents! He is excited. 

 

Other good weekend times included lots of Norse Myths--the toddler's first time through and really among my favorite children's lit. The boys created and put on a little puppet show for us. Lots of Clone Wars cuddled up on the couch. Some family skip-bo. Sunday morning pancakes. 

My anxiety was really spiking this weekend. Holidays? The kid's sickness (now better)? Something I just have to figure out how to live through? Please pray for me. 

No comments: