Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sorry I Accidentally CC:ed You on an Email Insulting You







Recently I came across this delightfully sarcastic (although often vulgar) e-card site. These cards capture the modern irony of communication and relationships in a brutally honest and very insightful manner. These e-cards capture the attempt at universalism and the turn away from particularism with catch-all phrases such as "Sorry about where I took you on our first date" or "I think we are moving too fast or too slow." They capture the fact that most of us have too many acquaintances to keep up with well and the nuances that technological friendship brings to our interpersonal communications ("I still want to be facebook friends" or "I'm ready to change my facebook relationship status if you are").

No comments: