Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Ideal Day in DC

If I were a tour guide in DC, this would be my ideal Saturday tour:

Saturday morning would include enjoying the market at Eastern Market (including pixie eggplants and asian pears) and browsing the [remarkably overflowing and fire hazard-ish] books at Capitol Hill Books. From there, we would visit the Library of Congress and my other favorite interior in DC, the National Building Museum. We would end up at the Freer Art Gallery, which is charmingly situated and so small as not to overwhelm. I believe in the Old Ebitt Grill, particularly the vegetable sandwich, which uses breaded eggplant as the outside of the sandwich! And also Murkey Coffee, and particularly the jasmine green tea. We would spend the evening in Old Town Alexandria, walking by the water.

No comments: