Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Eyes are the Window of the Soul

My soul is shy.

Myrrh and I are trying to cure my propensity to blink in pictures in which the flash is used (this was a problem in my early childhood; there are countless pictures of my siblings and I in which I am smiling, my eyes dreamily closed; it has re-inflicted me of late, particularly in stressful situations, such as when there are many people in the picture and people are insisting that my eyes stay open; I knew that I was cut out for not these times--I would have fit in well in a pre-photography world, or a world in which there were no flashes, you just had to sit still for a half an hour for the film to expose; only in that case, I think that my mouth would have blurred). The cure involves five pictures a night--straight on, with flash. So far, I am 4 for 5 and 4 and 1/2 (only one eye closed) for 5 (although, in the interest of full disclosure, I propped my eyes open with my fingers in one of the pictures).

No comments: