Monday, December 31, 2007

On Talking


Both of my parents yelled at me yesterday for talking too much. My mom said that it was "a deficiency," implying that moral concerns are at play. Really, this is all the reason for me writing here and for my desire to keep making lots of friends--so I don't tire out the people I already know and care about and make them regret befriending me (or being related to me, as the case may be). And, as one of my friends reminded me, "I know I talk too much, but I am really trying to overcome it, and although I say far too much, yet if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit for it."


I really do think, however, that two people sharing a place together without talking are just wasting the space and time that God gave them to talk to one another in. Just think, God created the world and humans with words and the model of communication that God had with men was walking in the garden and talking--walking and talking are clearly incomparable, divine activities. Talking is what separates man from the animals, and we ought to embrace it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't speak to your propensity for vocalization, but here's one reader who thinks your blogging is spectacular and could only improve through greater frequency.