Monday, March 10, 2008

Serendipity and the Internet

Still truck--This is not the ideal kind of truck. This is somewhat similar to my own "still car"--the one that sat unmoved in our apartment parking lot for months because the ignition module failed and DC has absurdly high prices for mechanics.

How do leopards move--By silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row. Was this really about the persecution of Catholics in England? I'm not sure I buy this.

I love my marine--I don't. I don't love your marine, and I don't love my own marine. Why? A) The word on the street is that the marines are not at all family-friendly. The air force is way more, evidently. But B) The military as a whole seems a horribly difficult way to live and raise a family, moving from town to town. As one of my professors advised me, You can't help who your heart loves, but I would add, you can certainly fuss at it for choosing ill.

old age insults--Despite being [frequently] accused of ageism, I'm really always the one explaining the biblical affirmation of white hair: "The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness." Proverbs 16:31

"cooking a cow"--It is important to call it a cow, rather than beef. In fact, if it home-raised and you've named it, it is best to call it by its given name. Really, one could even pretend he was cooking his cat by calling the beef "Bob."


Leopards in Christianity--The role of the leopard in Christianity is quite similar to that of the moose, really.

No comments: