Saturday, June 14, 2008

Serendipity and the Internet

airplane turbulence apology--During turbulence in an airplane is actually the ideal time to apologize or to recite any prayers you know by heart (which for me is shockingly few). I'm fairly certain I still haven't memorized the act of contrition.

eyes three whites--All of this makes me think of is egg whites. Eye whites? Three? Third Eye Blind?

postmodern conservative bourbon--This probably refers to the kind with ice in it (which, I will never deny, is made legitimate when it is, oh, five or six times the amount of bourbon I would ever think of pouring).

ts elliott--I have no idea who this is.


are armenians white?--My friends tell me (when I start a sentence like that, I always think of the character in the Gwyneth Paltrow version of Emma who goes around saying, "I wouldn't call myself a good pianist, but my friends say that I can play tolerably well.") that my racism meter is callibrated rather too sensitively, which I always fancy a compliment. My feminism meter is calibrated rather sensitively, I'll admit. So the answer is, no one is actually white. Like a sheet of paper. That would be rather unattractive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for validating my drink!