Monday, June 16, 2008

The Serendipity of Gmail

Myrrh has called for the institution of a new column that appreciates gmail's targeted ads based on particular emails. While I realize that no ads are ever serendipitous (for ads, by their very nature, are evil), this occasional commentary on those ads has to have a name.

For instance, in Myrhh (I spell her name alternating ways; at least half of the time, then, I'll choose the correct spelling) and my last correspondence, over an invitation to our house for My Last Hurrah in DC until August, Gmail chose this add:

__Missing You Love Poem__
Love Poem Ideas For Strained Relationships.
Try Our Love Advice!
LifeScript.com

The funny thing is that visiting lifescript.com, which I duly did, yields nothing remotely related to love or poetry (two things of great interest to me). Rather it is a website about Your Life. Your Health. Your Way. or Women's Health Information. Women's Health Issues. Women's Health Fitness.

What I'd like to know about is what unHealthy fitness people are talking about. And the love poems.

HT: Myrhh.

No comments: