Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dominicans


"Did I hear you were traversing Europe this past summer? I'm surprised you didn't run away with a young Czech or something." --Brother O.P.


Yes, Brother O.P. can preach. I've been teased incessantly for questioning this. Only I have a Pentecostal understanding of preaching, which includes yelling and microphones and a stage and a particular voice and sometimes stomping, and so I just wasn't able to picture Brother O.P. this way.


Actually, I did contemplate running away with a young Czech. I was only in Prague for a day, but it was suggested ... I assume he was Czech, but, actually, who knows? There was also the Polish guy who evidently wanted a green card quite intensely ... (I was convinced he was joking, but in retrospect, I think he wasn't). It's too bad I'm Catholic and can only get married once, otherwise I would marry people so that they could move here and then divorce them. That would be a great hobby--a of all, it would be shocking; b of all, it would be a way to thumb my nose at immigration rules. Yes, Brother O.P., I'm a liberated woman.

No comments: