Friday, September 26, 2008

Frilly Blouses


Because shopping is not on my list of currently acceptible activities (and blogging is. Dang it. This is like being grounded. Actually, not that shopping is ever on my current list of acceptible activities.):

When I saw this first picture, I became intrigued at the idea of frilly blouses. I have been, since earlier this summer, intrigued by the idea of anything assymetrical.









Frilly blouses are particularly pretty with this very high neck, no shoulders look, as far as I can tell. Possibly, because it makes them look more modern than they would otherwise look, such as when we wore frilly blouses in middle school; I think those were called poet blouses, which is actually a very nice name.
















Also high-necked. The cap sleeves could be cut off, or forgiven due to the very shiny fabric. Also, couldn't you wear a broach with this?!
















Myrhh! The lace hanky look is almost as good as wearing doillies!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... I can think of few things more (less) appealing than wearing lots and lots of doilies.

re: asymmetric apparel. You should join me and Frankincense in our (not so) secret love of one-shouldered dresses.