Saturday, September 27, 2008

Serendipity and the Internet

why don't dutch guys approach women--Neither my friends nor I have actually found this to be the case. Perhaps they only approach American women? (Goodness gracious--the partying American girl stereotype in Europe is just embarrassing and annoying.)

drink with demanovka--I'm confused about this query. Demanovka is actually a drink. It is sort of hard to drink with a drink. Demanovka is, however, a very important to drink to drink, and, in fact, to drink often. One could have a beer with it if you shoot it; I guess I've done that.

bahm toballah sacoombaraffay--An ancient incantation, which ought to be chanted around campfires.

lauinger library brutalism--Really, the only thing that would have made this phrase more apt is if brutalism started with an "L." Lauinger library is brutal, both from the outside and from the inside. I cannot complain, however, about the carrels, particularly regarding the view to the south. Particularly at night when Rosslyn is lit up with pretty lights (my aesthetic sensibilities are rapidly deteriorating in DC--there is a modern apartment building that I actually think is pretty in downtown Clarendon; alas).

ornaments six peas in a pod--This would make a very lovely brooch. It would be green and remind us of vegetables.

No comments: