Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On Elevator Mirrors

For any friends contemplating elevator design, I would like to point out the usefulness of mirrors on elevators. It really doesn't matter where: Mirrors are useful on any of the walls and also on the ceiling; they would quite possibly be useful on the floor, as well. Everyone wants to know in the middle of the day that nothing has gone horribly wrong with his appearance--that the person to whom he was talking who was repeatedly scratching at his face was not indicating the presence of some food or worse--that one's hair is still in the proper place--that one's outfit is smooth and carefully arranged. Elevators are on the way to places where it is important for one to look put together. Therefore, elevators ought to come with mirrors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, if you put mirrors in elevators and in the lobby, people are significantly less likely to complain about having long waits. It is a lot cheaper than installing faster elevators too!

Anonymous said...

I always appreciate a mirror on an elevator, myself.

But I think mirrors in the floor would be a bad idea...

Anonymous said...

Haha. Actually, when she suggested them on the floor, I thought to myself, "Hah, what an interesting idea, I wonder why they never do that?"

The reason did not occur to me until your post.