Thursday, November 20, 2008

Serendipity and the Internet

knowledge of self--I love that people look for that on the internet. Of course, I look to my friends for that, so I guess I'm not exactly one to talk.

5 different animals--rhinoceros, alligator, camel, monkey (my two new favorite animals), and chinchilla (Parker's favorite)

lampert are leopards spoke of in bible--Lampert: "Yes. Them is spoke of."

was that they--It was, in fact, they.

love poem ideas for strained relationships--My favorite apology poem (I would say it could be used for relationships, too, although it isn't exactly a love poem [but was, I think, written for WCW's wife]): "This is Just to Say" by William Carlos Williams:

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

OR

Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese could cover a multitude of sins:

What I do
And what I dream include thee, as the wine
Must taste of its own grapes. And when I sue
God for myself, He hears that name of thine,
And sees within my eyes the tears of two.

(I never fully understood the line about the wine tasting of its own grapes.)

something worse--There can always be something worse, which can be comforting. And the worse things can always be handled, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last item sounds somewhat familiar. Also, is the line about the grapes really unclear? It seems obvious to me, but perhaps this is just an unsophisticated reading.