Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rochester Garbage Plate


During my recent visit to Rochester, I was enjoyed one of the things that is, evidently, unique to Rochester: the garbage plate. My hosts and I ate the cheeseburger garbage plate, which consisted of two cheeseburgers, potatoes, macaroni salad, meat sauce, and mustard. This reminded me of a Primanti Brother's sandwich, a Pittsburgh sandwich that is well loved as far as Williamsport. (A Primanti Brother's sandwich has something like sausage on bread, with the coleslaw and fries added on top of the sandwich.) It seems to me that men get excited by combining foods like this more than women do (the place where we ate our garbage plate was staffed by four tattooed men). I'm going to put this definitely into the masculine category.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

masculine or not, my mouth is watering.