Friday, January 9, 2009

I am Not a Blogger

This weekend, I was talking with a new acquaintance. He said, "So I hear you're a blogger." I was stunned and speechless.

The only equivalent I've had of this feeling was the time that I was at a meet and greet in DC and someone asked me where I worked. My mind went blank. I was thinking, "I'm fairly sure I don't work. I'm fairly sure I don't have a job. But I'm fairly sure I'm a well-adjusted adult. How is this possible? I don't live at home..." And it went on. I looked at Myrrh desperately for help. And then I smiled, relieved, and said, "I'm a student."

All that to say, I don't think of myself as a blogger, and I think that we should all come to terms with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that the "where do I work?" story is my all-time favorite Emily story.

Anonymous said...

this is why it is so much more polite to ask, "What do you do?"