Friday, April 24, 2009

Best Book Ever

This came in the mail for me today. Goodness gracious, what good memories. We all loved this book--all of my siblings and my mother. The mother in the story is perpetually exasperated, which is probably why my mother liked it.

And it includes all the ways that you have fun as kids--making things out of boxes, dressing up, putting lipstick all over your face (I got in trouble for this when I was very young), pretending to be on a boat, making masks, lots of construction paper, etc.

And then there's the delightful rhyme of the text, including the refrain that it's impossible to get out of your mind:

"Jillian, Jillian, Jillian Jiggs!
It looks like your room has been lived in by pigs!
Later. I promise. As soon as I'm though,
I'll clean up my room. I promise. I do."

This reminds me of playing so hard when I was little that all of the toys were off of their shelves in the toy room. Then evening came, and we had to clean up. Cleaning up was such a drag.

No comments: