Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Brain Food




















My memory is atrocious. I really didn't know it was this bad until lately. I feel like Izzy after her brain cancer operation on Grey's Anatomy: I can be delighted anew with happy information every thirty seconds. A bad memory is really a liability in professoring though, I think.

So, I decided that I need to change my diet and put in it lots of memory enhancing foods. Problem is, I already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, except for the very expensive ones, which I'm not going to buy for my memory, either. Except for folic acid and fish. I think I need to get folic acid pills (where do you get these?) and eat fish every week. This is my mid-year resolution.

3 comments:

Margaret E. Perry said...

trader joes has folic acid.

E. Walker said...

Almonds and blueberries are good for your memory. We have both of them here (you should come home).

Frankincense said...

"Problem is, I already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, except for the very expensive ones, which I'm not going to buy for my memory, either."

Just earlier today you said (while you were cooking your fish), "I would do ANYTHING do make my memory better, really."

You probably didn't remember at the time that you had written this.