Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The National Pastime


Baseball is not really within the realm of my experience, aside from that time when I was very young and won an essay contest about the person I would most like to meet (Jesus). I mean, I guess I really should like baseball, coming from the home of the Little League World Series, like I do.







This game was delightful. Although I technically only lasted through about 7 innings (Whigwham pointed out that I started reading my book right when it got really interesting--the game was tied until right near the end when we got five more runs and won. Or maybe we came from behind; I forget). Our mascots are the Presidents--the ones on Mount Rushmore. They do a little race. They are funny with big heads like bobbleheads.

I admire people who know about and like stadiums. I don't know anything about stadiums, but I liked the pattern in the grass.








The "W" was even cut in the grass!









Also, you can see the river and hills behind the stadium, which is very pretty.








My friend, Hopkins, asked what I was taking a picture of. I replied, "The big W." She answered, "Oh, the clock." (I hadn't realized that it was a clock.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like my moniker.

they came from behind. i wept.

--hopkins