Monday, August 24, 2009

Grumble (I Don't Even Have Enough Energy for a Rant)

Turns out dissertating (or faux dissertating) is literally petrifyingly scary. It is less that I mind doing work (I know, even me!) and more that I mind doing this particular work. And by "mind," I mean am scared by.

I did, however, fulfill a dream today: I flew first class. Turns out, it isn't so so different. They gave me a candy bar and my diet coke was in a glass rather than in a plastic cup. I felt mostly like a faker--all of the other people in first class were men and looked bored.

3 comments:

hopkins said...

"I felt mostly like a faker--all of the other people in first class were men and looked bored."

this sentence is perfect.

J.P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Percy said...

It's not that I don't sympathize. It's just that if it were "literally petrifyingly scary," then you would not have typed this entry at all, because you would be made of stone. Literally.

Pet peeve.