Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comments on Vows

Vows:

Sweet:

“I just look at his face and it’s like home to me,” she said.

Just plain wrong:

"He and Ms. Coursen exchanged hundreds of text messages, discussing everything from songs on their iPods to how much they liked each other." (I don't think you get to say "discussing" about text messages. "Expressing" maybe; more like "asserting"; but certainly not "discussing.")

Annoying (plus from a text message):

“You get me, so you get me.” (If a man said that to me, I would think he was proud and undesirable.)

Cute!:

"Once 'indoorsy,' she now spends more time outdoors, though she still calls any walk in the woods 'mountain climbing.'" (People should call things the wrong name on purpose more often. It carries more meaning that way.)

Tacky:

"Finally, the couple appeared before the shivering crowd, calmly walking with their parents, the bride in a sleeveless matte jersey dress she bought online for under $200." (Goodness gracious, just tell us you got it at a yard sale already.)

People who like rain are weird:

"True to the contrarian and sometimes cantankerous Woody Creek spirit, he seemed to relish the terrible weather, as if it were preferable to sunshine and other silly luxuries." (For that matter, I don't understand contrarians, either.)

1 comment:

Frankincense said...

"...discussing everything from songs on their iPods to how much they liked each other."

Eewww...

Also not a huge range of conversation topics. Did they also 'discuss' the weather?