Thursday, October 8, 2009

On My Jewelry

My new favorite blog, academichic, has this cool thing they do with displaying jewelry on books that I love so much that, after telling Stearns six times that I loved it, I decided to do to all of my favorite jewelry for no reason whatsoever (except that I like to stay busy while I'm on the phone and like to keep my blog readers entertained):





My Polish amber broach. I love, but am largely unable to effectively wear broaches.






A broach that belonged to my great grandmother, which I wear in my hair.







My Williamsport ring.









My favorite. bracelet. ever., which I bargained for (I love bargaining) at the Saturday (I love Saturdays) flea market in Clarendon.







My Oxford earrings, which I fell in love with while window shopping, and, after returning every day of my trip to look at them, finally gave in and bought them.






My grandmother's pearls.









An artsy (or just plain sillier than the rest) picture.







P.S. For extra credit, please identify the books.

1 comment:

Wystan said...

1. The Great Gatsby
2. The Cocktail Party
3. Aristotle's Ethics
4. ?
5. Marilynne Robinson, but I think it's not Gilead, so, Home?
6. Gatsby again, my favorite passage
7. The Cocktail Party again?