Monday, November 16, 2009






















































It's definitely been a while since I've been as utterly charmed by someone. This weekend:

Emily: "Hi. I'm that girl who accosted you at Georgetown and made you talk to me about Eliot."
RS: "Oh, you're that girl. I was just thinking about that girl two days ago and wondering how she was doing."
...
E: "I'm going to write on women and the public sphere and put off Eliot for a while."
RS: "You're going to put off your life?"
...
RS and his friend on Oakeshott's love life: "Intellectuals are terrible at love. Never get involved with an intellectual. [After a long pause during which I didn't speak...] It's too late, isn't it?"
...
RS: "Men are better than women at cooking and cleaning up. The only thing they aren't better at than women is caring for the children."

We then proceeded to a discussion about how cleaning up after you cook is cathartic. He complained about dishwashers and recommended Mozart for dishwashing music.