Friday, December 4, 2009

Dinner Party.8

Two fun things about tonight:

1) Best. appetizer. ever.--We made the MRE that Diana's husband so generously gave us. The instructions are very complicated. The diagram of "Energy," "Food" and "High Performance!" with little triangles in no particular arrangement was delightful. Whigwham particularly liked the wheat bread with a cheese-bacon spread.

2) The wine needed to breathe and we had no carafe, so we made one out of a vase. Yes, we served wine at dinner out of a vase.

2 comments:

Warren said...

I have two boxes of MRE's looking for a new owner if you are planning on throwing more dinner parties. I will let them go for a mere 80 bucks and they will certainly contain many wheat bread snacks and multiple kinds of cheese spreads. (Jalepeno and cheddar is even better than the bacon!)

Diana said...

I have a box too! To the highest bidder...

Also I guess I should try one of these, now that you have.