Saturday, January 9, 2010

For Ilana


















I was Christmas shopping at a used bookstore with Whigwham in December when I stumbled upon a cheap paperback biography of Grace Kelly. Both Stearns and Ilana love Grace Kelly, and so I picked it up. Then, yesterday, I stumbled upon the recent New Yorker article about Grace Kelly (which notably, although I'm not sure how suitably, turnes to Burke's On the Sublime and Beautiful for a definition of grace). Halfway through the article, I got to thinking about what other celebrities Grace Kelly might have known which led me to these two pictures (shown here). Of course, it is these two pictures (and I think only these two) that the author describes in his article:

"the albino squid that appeared to have landed on Princess Grace’s scalp, in lieu of a hat, when she visited President and Mrs. Kennedy in 1962"
...

1 comment:

Wystan said...

I was entertained by the more salacious details of that article, another fine example of the difference between appearance and reality.