Monday, March 1, 2010

Top 5 Reasons to Love Say Anything

1. I have a weakness for any films in which a central character can't stop talking (see also: Margie, An Apartment for Peggy, and all of the Woody Allen movies I've ever seen).

2. Lloyd's relationship to his nephew is adorable: Lloyd: "Hey my brother, can I borrow a copy of your 'Hey Soul Classics'?" His nephew (who's about three years old): "No, my brother, you have to go buy your own."

3. I love that there's actually a movie called Cocoon about a bunch of old people who go to outer space. I really want to see it.

4. Lloyd Dobbler's too big coats are amazing; Lloyd Dobbler's name is amazing.

5. Lloyd is some kind of localist agrarian. Lloyd: "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

1 comment:

Sayers said...

Is it odd that I just watched this movie for the first time in the past week and you have a blog post about it? (As part of Mr. Sayers' efforts to bring me up to speed with my generation.)