Monday, April 26, 2010

On Rhode Island

















Shockingly, Rhode Island is gorgeous! I had only heard of Rhode Island in the same sentence with armpit, so I was really surprised.

I love bridges. I love lighthouses. I do not love the movie that I watched till all hours in my hotel about a guy with 8 kids marrying a woman with 10 in which they live in a lighthouse that is computer animated. I do love the idea, however, of living in a lighthouse.



There is something in Newport called the Cliff Walk, which is a walk along the water on some low stone cliffs. On the other side of the walk are enormous old mansions. It is breathtaking, really. Plus, I saw the church in which Jackie married JFK. I need an enormous summer mansion on the water where all of my friends can visit me all summer.



Anyway, Rhode Island is a wonderful surprise of a place--Newport has the whimiscal beach town feel, mixed with lovely, old New England architecture. And the scallops! They sell only seafood that was caught that day at the restaurant that I ate at with JBL and Mrs. JBL.

3 comments:

Margaret E. Perry said...

we obviously must watch High Society soon.

Diana said...

I love Newtown as well. I'm glad you enjoyed!

Emily Hale said...

I've missed you, Diana!!