Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Just Can't Bear to Blog

My laptop is broken, I'm waiting for a new one to come in the mail, and using Stearn's laptop, which had a space bar that doesn'twork anda cursor that is always floatingacross the screen, and is very infrequently responsive.

That is to say,I'm spending as little timeon a laptop as I can at the moment.

Although I have plenty of things to blog about--the bird that dive bombed my head repeatedly the other morning (scary!), the difficulties of searching for a laptop when you don'tknow what any of thechoices mean, etc.

These were some of the decisions I had to make when buyinga laptop:

ThinkPad 11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III
ThinkPad wireless cards are compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g wireless networks and provide maximum data rates of 54 Mbps.
Intel WiFi Link Series (supporting Centrino 2)
The Intel® WiFi Link Series is a family (5100, 5300, etc.) of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N wireless network adapters that operate in both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz spectra. These adapters deliver up to 300 Mbps of receive bandwidth; in addition to providing a host of features that enhance today's mobile lifestyle.


Howin the worlddo I figure outwhich wireless somethingto get?

After a very lovely visit with Percy, I'm going to be headingback to the Outer Banks, andthen I'll be off to Geneva, Slovakia and Budapest. After that, Stearns and I are planning a short adventure through thesouth of Germany. Of course, I willtell you, dear reader,all about it upon my return.

WhileI'm gone,Stearns has promised to post the funny thingsthat her students saidthis year. I'm not promisingthat she'll fulfill her promise, just pointing out that it's her fault of nothing new is on this blog until late July.

x

1 comment:

Myrrh said...

I'm sorry your computer finally died, but I'm glad you're getting a new one. You've been hobbling along with that one for too long (not that it lasted long enough, of course).

You will feel like a new woman!