Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Serendipity and the Internet

(My attempt to answer a few of the questions that brought some poor, unsuspecting [confused] readers to this blog)

heidegger-hawthorne
-This cross gives us: The Marburg Romance, "The Professor's Black Veil," and "The Birth-Mark: The Question Concerning Technology" (okay, okay--actually Nathanial Hawthorne has a short story called, "Dr. Heidegger's Experiment").

can christians wear mascot costume-Ideally not to church, but I don't see why not the rest of the time.

difference be
tween tocqueville and walzer?-Hmm...I'm actually less sure about the similarities between them. Both appreciate civil society?

distinguish between political theory and political thought--some of these questions really make me think! Well, political theory sounds like you have some well formed theory and political thought sounds like you just have a scattering of thoughts. I certainly fall in the latter category.

cord of three strands tattoo--I wouldn't recommend it. While I think that tattoos are wonderful, the only dilemma is what to tattoo--it has to be something really pretty important. I also prefer particular tattoos over abstract ones: the cord of three strands seems a little abstract. It's like tattooing the symbol for infinity on you. Or the symbol for addition or subtraction, for that matter.

a map that shows were leoperds lif--As we all know, a leoperd is a type of gecko (as you can see on this website). We know that leoperds were in fact lifed, but there are no maps showing it.

1 comment:

Percy said...

I love it when you do this. I realize that I don't comment much on your more substantive stuff, but I do read it, too. Sometimes.