Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday in Alexandria

Saturdays in Alexandria are lovely!


The weather today was perfect--cool with lots of sun.


Stearns and I stopped at a used book store and an antique store and Papyrus.



And then we stopped by Hopkins' new part-time job, and drank some very delicious coffee (described like it was wine--cocoa and vanilla bean...).



And then we did a little work in the sun. I was reading Dana Villa's Public Freedom, which is wonderful, because he explains why I'm writing about all of the thinkers that I'm writing about in my dissertation.



And then we met up with Carrot at another coffee shop.




And caught the evening mass.


And then Hopkins made dinner!



And then we watched To Catch a Thief (see previous quotation).



That's all I have to say, so the rest will just be pictures, but the day was grand!:






1 comment:

Diana said...

love the photo diary. tell Stearns and Hopkins "hello!"