Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks

Something that stuck out to me quite a bit this time home was how much I am like my parents. When I was helping my father replace the thinner serpentine belt on my car (it fell off!), I noticed he has lots of my mannerisms: he clucked when he was trying to figure something out and nervously laughed just like I do when he encountered unexpected problems. And my mother likes to help everyone solve everything--a trait I've definitely picked up.

Anyway, I didn't post anything I was thankful for on thanksgiving (aside from the lovely first snowfall of the year), so I'd probably better do that now (following Hopkins):

My father spending two hours in the freezing cold to put the belt back on my car. My mother cooking up a storm, especially monster cookie dough batter. Friends feeding me chocolate and coffee. Talking on the phone. Walks. The May of Teck Club, too. Babies, especially Emmaline (and imminent babies)! Running. Teaching. Reading, especially the Psalms and detective novels. Williamsport. The BCSC. Taking pictures. Traveling. All of my family and friends.

1 comment:

Myrrh said...

I think that maybe you're the one who has your father's mannerisms... :)