Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Visiting


Ilana, "the angel child," as my friend from Rwanda always calls Ilana, is visiting Little Gidding on her way home from college, which is of course a great treat for us. Today's snow interrupted our sightseeing plans (I really do love have visitors because I love showing them things, really whether or not they're actually interested in seeing them--it's an excuse for me to get out and about in my city). Instead, we headed to Northside Social, the new Murky Coffee, to work/read. Ilana is reading The Fabric of the Cosmos, which Stearns recommended to her.


Northside Social is nice and not changed too much, although I think it's a tad more expensive/elitist than it was before (if that's even possible). As in, instead of randomly collected furniture that was shabby/chic, there are now matching distressed white chairs (the paint "spills" were obviously stuck on on purpose). Before it seemed to be loaded with hippies who worked from home. Now it seems to be people on their lunch breaks. But maybe I'm making this up. Or maybe the snow changes everything.

1 comment:

hopkins said...

you're totally right. though the snow does change everything too.