Monday, January 2, 2012

Northern California


I just returned from some Northern California travels. I'm an East Coast girl, which means when I moved to Texas a few years ago, that was by far the most West point I'd ever been (before then, I'd mostly stuck to states that touch, or almost touch, the Atlantic Ocean). Since Texas, I've traveled a bit more in the U.S., but this trip is my first time in California (and Nevada!, which we were in for a second when we got a little turned around).


There are loads of tall, thin evergreens, and we stopped at some lovely vistas to look out over the mountains.


One of the places that we stopped was Donner Lake--I understand it's the place where the Donner expedition camped out for the winter.


We had lunch on Lake Tahoe, which is a charming alpine lake that reminds me of Lake Geneva (even some of the architecture of the houses around it looks like the Swiss mountain style).

No comments: