Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On Letter Writing

When I was buying myself stationery at my favorite stationery store over break, I noticed that the selection has sizably shrunken (no more white paper with lavender boarders) and the prices are higher than usual. I don't know for sure, but I imagine this has to do with the move toward writing notes rather than letters (if people write anything in hard copy at all). There is one segment of the population that still does write letters: prisoners, as this article describes. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if, in 50 years, it's just me and prisoners writing letters, probably to each other.


P.S. I am always in need of more correspondents!

(picture)

1 comment:

Myrrh said...

Remember what a terrible time I had finding simple letter paper (as opposed to notecards) when Warren went to OCS? So frustrating.