Friday, February 11, 2011

On Yellow


I have found myself liking yellow lately. It started with a yellow house in Georgetown that I didn't hate and then moved to a yellow sweater from Goodwill. And now I sort of crave it.

Because I associate yellow with insanity (especially via The Yellow Wallpaper), this scares me a little bit.

Plus, I don't know what accessories to wear with yellow--gold seems wrong; silver seems wrong: this leaves me with fuchsia or light pink. But I do always remind myself of what my Kuwait friend emphasized in college: try not to look like an Easter egg. (On Gray here.)

(picture)

2 comments:

hopkins said...

you can wear gold with yellow, so long as it isn't too garish. But silver looks especially good. yellow and grey/gray/silver is one of the classic color combinations.

Diana said...

I would wear pearls.