Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Restaurant Review: EatBar Brunch


While EatBar is mere steps from my apartment, it is only lately that I've begun to enjoy it's delights. This Saturday, I went for the cartoon brunch. The cartoons didn't start playing for a couple minutes after we'd arrived (the waitress said they couldn't find the dvd and it was a bit of a stressful situation in the back).

I forget what the fancy word for a Chef's bite is, but before brunch started, there was a donut hole, fresh and warm and delicious sent out from the kitchen. The eggs benedict (I really vary so rarely!) was very good--it was small (made on top of little pieces of bread about the size of the poached egg), but the bread itself was soft (what annoys me most about eggs benedict is when the bread is tough and hard to cut through). I wasn't crazy about the home fries--no one's been impressing me lately--they were good, but I can cut up and broast potatoes that well (okay, fine: they were very good, but not great). I had some grits as well--the grits were very good--cheesy with a spicy kick.

All in all, I was impressed. Dear readers: you should fuss at me if you're sick of reading a survey of the eggs benedict at DC brunch places. I really can eat other things!

No comments: