Friday, April 1, 2011

Jay's Saloon and Grille

I hate change, so when Frankincense and Myrrh's brother pointed out this article on facebook, it really upset me. First Dr. Dremo's (not that I even had any particular attachment to it, but Percy did), and now Jay's. It seems like all of the normal-sized structures in Arlington are being slowly knocked down in favor of much taller ones with less character.





I've only been to Jay's a couple of times, but it's the sort of place that you're glad exists: it is slightly smokey, brimming full of individuality, and everything is cheap (especially on Tuesdays, when the burgers are half off). Jay's must have been a house before it became a restaurant and still has siding and a big porch (with summer seating). Inside, there's a pool table. The waitress I've always seen there is particularly friendly, as if you're old acquaintances. This is the sort of neighborhood bar you could find in Williamsport.


(picture, picture)

No comments: