Monday, May 9, 2011

Advance Georgetown Nostalgia

I took a walk around Georgetown because I had to return a pair of pants to H&M for a friend (I convinced her to buy them, but they scandalized her husband).

I came across the motor scooter I would get if I ever got one of these (and I would only ever get one of these if I lived in a place like California that had fine weather all the time, and even in that case, I would probably just get my bike brakes fixed):


I love that bank with the gold top--especially when it shines in the sunlight.


I was so overwhelmed by nostalgia for DC that I almost bought myself a Washington DC snow globe. I'm actually too cheap to pay $5.99 for a silly plastic thing with only 20 percent of the glitter that still moves at all, but now you know what I want for Christmas, Stearns! There was one snow globe that plays the Star Spangled Banner!


I like flower murals!


And new red paint!



And green doors!


And, oh my goodness, wreaths made with pheasant feathers! It reminds me of my pheasant feather hat! And of Pennsylvania! (Our state bird is the ruffed grouse.)



No comments: